Friday, 28 May 2010
Saturday, 22 May 2010
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
When I opened the parcel, this is what is inside. Isn't it just AMAZING!!!!! I left it up to my swap partner to do as she pleased - and I could not be more pleased! It is FANTASTIC, and the amount of work she put into it is amazing! I love the emboidery! I love the colours! I love the patterns!
As if making the mini for me was not enough, Anita made me a really nice bookmark, which will be well used (it is inside a book, as I type).
This is the quilt in its entirety, and -
I think, though it is really difficult to choose, this is my favourite bit. I love the bird and the pumpkins!!
I keep forgetting to update the 'Hundred Books in a Year Challenge'. I have five to do just now, and I am sure I have missed a few! Duh!
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Tuesday, 4 May 2010
I made quite a few. Some of the ones below have a raw edge. I am going to put on bias tape, but I have to wait to see whether it will be pink or blue. Recognise any more of the material, Robin? How many years has it been since you left Scotland? I never throw out anything - and it was so cute!!
I did go to the hospital yesterday for some physiotherapy, and I have damaged a tendon in my shoulder. This is aggravating the other problem in my arm, so hopefully a bit more physio and exercise will help.
TULIPS!! Aren't they beautiful?
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Friday, 23 April 2010
Quilts, Blocks and now PHOTOS!
Digital cameras will become a quilter's best friend. EQ7 has dozens of ways to turn everyday photos into quilt art images. Or crop and edit scanned fabrics right in EQ7 in minutes. And that's just the start!
New Activation Policy
You'll never run out of EQ7 activations! Activation and deactivation is as easy as two clicks of the mouse. Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer to computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations — and no dongle to worry about!
Easier than ever for new users
EQ7 is the most user-friendly full-featured quilting software yet.
- Complete user manual
- 22 printable full-color PDF lessons (115 pages)
- Point-and-read info on each tool – now linked directly to Help topics
- 10 videos targeted for beginners
- 67 “How do I?” topics: printable stepped-out instructions for doing everything from printing English paper-piecing templates to drawing a New York Beauty
- Built-in Help buttons are everywhere, targeted to the task you're doing
- New block tools for creating original blocks instantly without drawing
- Blocks size themselves – just drag and drop on the quilt
Users upgrading from EQ6 will feel right at home
Exactly the same friendly interface, plus loads of new user-requested features.
- 5000 copyright-free blocks
- 5000 new scanned fabrics, plus grayscale textures
- 120 new pre-designed quilt layouts
- Snap blocks to a Quilt grid
- Instant border blocks with greatly expanded Auto Borders
- Print multiple photos on fabric
- Create original fabric designs from photos, then print on fabric
- Mirror and use myriad symmetries on photos
- Use dozens of artistic effects, making everyday photos look like watercolors or Impressionist paintings
- 79 new features in all
Works on netbooks as well as laptops and desktop computers.
Isn't it wonderful? My computer is feeling dizzy, just thinking about it.
Till next time.