I can't upload any photos, as Blogger has an ongoing fault. I will upload them as soon as possible!!
Still having great problems with blogger, but after a lot of trouble, managed to get these up.
To make the trifle, you will need-
Harvey's Bristol Cream
2 Jam Swiss Rolls (no cream)
Tin of sliced peaches
Tin of evaporated milk
- Drain the juice from the peaches.
- Fill a large whisky glass almost two thirds full of sherry, then add a small amount of juice from tinned fruit. (have a small glass of sherry for yourself, just to check it tastes good!)
- Chop up the Swiss rolls and pour over the sherry mixture. Mash to mix well in.
- Make custard, using the evaporated milk, instead of ordinary milk (don't add any water). Make it slightly thicker than normal and pour over sponge/sherry mixture. Arrange the peaches on top of the custard. Leave to cool completely.
- Make the jelly, but instead of making it up to 20 fl. oz. (1 pint), make it to 17 fl. oz, with the water and the rest of the fruit juice.
- Carefully pour jelly over the custard and peaches. Leave to set.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
- Stay in or you will be breathalised!
Till next time