Tuesday 23 June 2009

David

This is King David from the Old Testament, and I see it every time I sit down in the lounge. I hasten to add I did not embroider it. I did a City and Guilds in Embroidery parts I and II a few years ago, and one of the ladies a year ahead of me embroidered this. I kept on looking at its progress every week. It was spectacular! I can't remember the name of the lady who embroidered it (perhaps Pat?) but she was so talented. I fell in love with it, and said if she got fed up with it, no matter when, I wanted it. As soon as the finals were over she sold it - to my husband! He bought it for me! I still love it! I have had it nearly thirty years, and I still adore it. Every day, David's expression changes. Sometimes he is sad, reflecting on his past life, other days he is smiling. He gets a new poppy every year, after the 11th November, Remembrance Day.
Hope you enjoy the picture.
tich

No comments:

Post a Comment