Sunday 13 September 2009

Animal Quilts

I am still trying to catch up on myself after the summer, but I want to keep up with my blog. I made these earlier in the year for my granddaughters. I thought I would try to make the quilts a wee bit educational, so I tried to think of using materials, which would incorporate some kind of learning. Both quilts use preprinted squares of animals, with one having the names of the animals printed underneath. As well as using them for comfort and warmth, I thought the quilts quilts could be used in the following ways -
  • to learn colours
  • to learn the names of different animals
  • to learn how to spell animals' names
  • counting up the different groups of animals
  • addition and subtraction of the different groups.
The girls love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment