Monday 6 September 2010

DJ Blocks + Noah's Ark

G13
H4


G3
These are the latest Dear Jane blocks to be completed. I am having trouble with the disc in my back again, so I have been laid up for a few days. I have been doing a lot of blog hopping, listening to audio books and embroidering.






I had this BOM by Lynnette Anderson Designs. It is a really old BOM, which I had downloaded, and it lay about, waiting to be done for a long time. I started it in  December, just before my sister got ill. I put it aside, when things got bad, but I really wanted to complete it, so I got it out again, when I had to sit in the chair. I cannot leave designs in their original state. I have got to add something in, or take something out. I have always been like this!! The original Noah's Ark design is beautiful, but I wanted to make this a welcome wallhanging, when you come to visit, so I added a few words, making the letters random, and made one of the blocks say 'Welcome'. I also added a few fancy stitches and changed some of the colours. I hope Lynette does not mind!! I have checked on her site, but this BOM no longer seems to be there. Please excuse the pictures. I can't get the ironing board out (can't lift anything yet), so you can see the marks where the hoop was, on the block I am finishing. Noah's bald head needs to be redone in a darker colour, as it is receding (no pun intended!) I have another five or six blocks to go. There is a block with birds eating fish. I am going to change the birds to puffins, to make it relate to Orkney. When the blocks are finished, I have then to cut them out and put a thin border round each, in different colours of cotton, and these are then sewn together, to make the wallhanging. These are my favourite blocks so far -






Edit
The Noah's Ark BOM is being offered again for $5Aus, on Lynette's site above.


Thankful Thoughts
Jeni has come through her operation and is feeling very positive. Thank You.
Till next time.
tich

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your back is bothering you, but I'm glad you're getting extra stitching time. I am totally the opposite. I follow patterns to the T. I need to start branching out on my own. I am always so impressed with people who can modify patterns as they see fit. I am not adventurous enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DJ blocks look great! I have to get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete