Friday 28 May 2010

Mini Quilt Swap


This is my interpretation for the Mini Quilt Swap hosted by Michele at Quilting Gallery We had to embroider a central panel, designed by Lenna Green from Stitching Cow I blogged about it here and my granddaughters even embroidered part of the design for their teddy bear blankets. (See below)



I decided I was going to get some historical reproduction material, so I bought some Jane Austen material called Winchester. I made prairie points round the central design and then added a border. I used Hobbs 80/20 batting, but I found it quite difficult to hand quilt, as it did not needle well. I was really pleased with the way it looked before washing, but not so pleased after. I sent it off last week, but have delayed posting about it, so that it gets a chance to arrive at its destination. I also sent a little thank you to Anita for the lovely mini quilt she sent me. (We have different swap partners, so the person from whom we receive a quilt, gets a quilt from an entirely different person.)


Thankful Thoughts
We have a Folk concert and dance tonight, with all sorts of musicians and traditional dancing. It is going to be FUN!!
Till next time (after a few days to recover!)
tich

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute. Funny...I was blog surfing and saw someone else who had done some embroidery for what must be this same swap. The design was the same, so I assume it's the same swap. I love this pattern. She said it's got a lot of different patterns. Looks like fun! I think yours turned out cute, and the ones your granddaughters made are so cute! That is just too fun!

    ReplyDelete