You might remember last month that I was teasing you about something I was making (here). It was, of course, and I Spy quilt, and I was making it for my granddaughter's birthday. I was making it with some of the wonderful material I received from quilters all over the world, when my sister died. I thought I had better start early, as I was still not feeling very well, and I wanted to take my time.
I cut out lots of lovely squares, ...
...and sewed them into nine patches. No, these squares are sewn correctly, because ...
...I was making a disappearing nine patch,...
... to make quick blocks!
I layed out all the blocks, once I had them made,...
and then I numbered the rows. I was trying to get the different materials spaced out, but was not concerned about the self-coloured material.
I had some really quirky material for the backing. I sandwiched it and quilted it on the machine. I quilted it with straight lines, but with random spacing in between. Some of the lines were a bit wobbly, but I don't think my granddaughter will notice.
The binding was made from the self-coloured material, in random lengths.
I bought a packet of hair clips, and used these to hold the binding, whilst I was sewing it down. They were great, and only cost me £1.20 for 30 clips!!
Below are some pictures of the quilt.
One of the ladies included some labels, so I used one as well.
I hope my granddaughter likes it.
I am sorry I cannot name the ladies who gave me the material. I made up an Excel file with all the details, but both my computer and my backup external hard drive crashed in the same week, and I lost most of my files.
But THANK YOU again!!
Till next time.