Monday 25 January 2010

EQ6



When I am worried or uptight, I don't seem to be able to enjoy sewing. I do try, but I prefer reading, or doing something else. My sister is ill and will have brain surgery, to remove a tumor within the next two weeks. I have been reading, puttering about and looking at the Electric Quilt 6 software. I bought this last year, but have not opened it since. I thought it was going to be difficult and would need a lot of time to learn it. I have only done the first chapter, but, so far, it is really easy to use. I have done a few patterns and had a nosy where I shouldn't, but it looks great! I should have done it long before!

I also got onto a local patchwork shop to get some fat quarters. When I say local, it is 120 miles away on the Scottish Mainland. I had to give the general idea of what I wanted, as the shop did not have samples. She sent me a lovely variety, but the cost!! I paid the equivalent of $4.36 for a fat quarter! I could get a yard of Kona cotton for less than that in the States! I do like to use local shops if I can, but I think in future I will be trawling the Net more, and buying internationally. I did get some really pretty cottons, but I still have to do something with the squares I made initially from the Moda jelly roll (here), so that comes first. Trouble is I like to flit from one project to another. Butterfly-brain definitely comes to mind.

Thankful Thoughts
I was listening to the radio this morning, and the Equality Commission is going to lobby government, to allow people to work as long as they want. If it goes through, people could work into their eighties, nineties, as long as they were competent at the work they do. I felt tired just listening to the programme. I retired two years early, and I am so glad I did so. It was a big decission, as we were going to change location, lifestyle, everything. But it worked, and it is peaceful. I think that is what I like the most. Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for your sister. I've never played with any of the electric quilt software. Seems like it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that that program is really easy to do as well...have fun with it.

    My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying a prayer for your sister every day...hope it turns out ok for her.

    I love EQ6 but have to admit I have just used it for the basics. I started out with the very first version and have upgraded each time, learning a few new things along the way. I am usually in too big a hurry to stop and read the book to find out more. It is a great program though.

    Wow - what made the fabric cost so much? Was it that she imported it then had to add a bigger price or was it shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary
    I am sorry to hear about your sister. I hope everything works out for her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
    To change the subject...
    I love EQ6! I designed one quilt with my friend Cyndy and it is in the EQ6 gallery. It is called Trimpi Land. I have to admit that I was not the one who put the design in EQ6. My friend Cyndy did. I have designed my guild's last two raffle quilts on EQ6. It is a great program and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete