Tuesday 29 June 2010

Yipee!! Baby quilt and Goodies!


I got the baby quilt finished a couple of days ago and only have to put on the label, when the wee one arrives. I added a plain border, so decided to add both yellow and blue bindings to jazz the edge up a bit (see below!) I had not even taken the tacking out, when I took these pictures. Quilting is in the ditch.
I found this cute cheater material in the attic. Goodness knows how old it is, but it went together very quickly, and I found some equally old material for the binding in the same box.


Just look at the goodies I got today. I try to be very careful to keep the addresses private, so that is why some of the packets are at a funny angle.

People are so kind. Look at the trouble one lady went to parcel this up . It was so pretty.

And just look at the chunks, chunkettes, sixteenths, eighths, and quarters! They are gorgeous!! One lady sent me the most wonderful poem, which she had written herself, and the material underneath is printed with ten blocks on what you do when making a quilt, all the way from Australia!! I would like to thank Joyce, Sibyl, Lynda, Judith, Rita, Cindy, Sandy and Jeannie. I am running out of words to express my gratitude. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Till next time.
tich

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, my friend! And I can just imagine your sister, sitting on a cloud and looking down upon you... and chuckling with glee, as you wrote today.

    *grin*

    I am SOOOO very happy for you!!!

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good mail day!!

    love your quilts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the baby quilt. It always is an accomplishment to finish a project! I just love all the fabrics people are sending you. So cool. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Baby quilt!!!!!

    Please tell us when the big day happens, okay?

    *s*

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I was thinking of you just now and thought, oh yes, I must pop in on your blog and see how you are. I love the baby quilts. It is nice to know you have it done and ready to make the label. What a great group of fabrics you have received in the post. Did Santa decide you are a good girl for a special treat in the summer heat? LOL! I don't know how your weather is but it is awfully hot now here in Holland this week?

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you like your little gift, hope it gives you hours of fun stitching all that red work.
    Hugs Jeannie in Australia

    ReplyDelete